Formal introduction letter.

Dear Professor Brad Blackstone,

I would like to formally introduce myself as Foo Jia Xin, from effective communication tutorial class 3. I hope this self-introduction letter serves you well in understanding me a little bit more.

I am currently a freshman pursuing an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering. I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a Diploma, specializing in Mechanical Engineering. 

I have always been intrigued by engineering since a young age. My father, a construction engineer, brought me along for site visits during my childhood, which cultivated my interest in Engineering. Additionally, my polytechnic internship experience fueled my enthusiasm for engineering. I realized being an engineer required more than just programming and hardware skills; it also required effective communication skills. Being an engineer, having effective communication skills is an indispensable tool to ensure a smooth workflow process.

Open-mindedness is a communication strength I cultivated through my polytechnic years. I learned the importance of acknowledging and comprehending the various perspectives individuals bring. Therefore, I am always open to accepting different viewpoints and feedback, which increases the likelihood of a successful discussion. 

I am aware of my weakness in public speaking, where I find myself nervous at times. I stutter, forget my lines when I speak in front of the class. A possible reason may be that I tend to memorize word for word instead of genuinely understanding what I am trying to convey.

My first goal is for me to be able to confidently articulate my ideas clearly and concisely so that others can easily comprehend my messages. Another goal would be to become proficient in English writing, to learn the proper sentence structure, grammar and to acquire an abundance of vocabulary.

I believe having a warm, hospitable personality is something that makes me unique. I tend to be hospitable, which makes me approachable and relatable to people of all ages and walks of life.

I appreciate the fact that the module teaches the use of critical thinking, so I can organize my thoughts and assess them before writing or speaking about them. Thank you so much for making the lessons both interesting and relevant. Your guidance has been invaluable. I am looking forward to the upcoming class and achieving my objectives through this module.


Yours faithfully,

Foo Jia Xin



Last edited on 26/1/2022, 2.59am

Commented on: 

Amirul   https://broccoboi.blogspot.com/2022/01/self-introduction.html#more

Wei Hau https://quekwh.blogspot.com/2022/01/self-introduction-letter.html#comments

Wen Jue https://wenjuelim.blogspot.com/2022/01/self-introduction-formal-letter.html

Rayner   https://raynerec.blogspot.com/

Valencia https://valencialau2102454.blogspot.com/





Last edited on 26/1/2022

Commented on: Wen Jue https://wenjuelim.blogspot.com/2022/01/self-introduction-formal-letter.html Amirul https://broccoboi.blogspot.com/2022/01/self-introduction.html#more Rayner https://raynerec.blogspot.com/2022/01/self-introduction-letter.html?showComment=1642998459225#c3740506852479931148 Wei Hau https://quekwh.blogspot.com/2022/01/self-introduction-letter.html#comments

Valencia https://valencialau2102454.blogspot.com/2022/01/self-introduction-letter.html?showComment=1643136347719#c7592000856418437841


Comments

  1. Hi Jia Xin! Good to know you have the drive to strife better not just in engineering but also in communication skills. Your paragraphs are well divided and the points are clearly explain. However, I believe you too can cut down on some of your sentences as they are too long. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wen Jue,
      Thank you for your kind feedback, I will try my best to do so. Have a pleasant week ahead!

      Warmest regards,
      Jia Xin

      Delete
  2. Hey Jia Xin! Thank you for your introduction. I think your letter is good; you explained your points fully and provided ample illustration. There is an obvious flow to the letter. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amirul,

      Your encouragement is much appreciated and I am grateful you took the time to read my blog!

      Warmest regard,
      Jia Xin

      Delete
  3. Hi Jia Xin. Thank you for your introduction. There is a minor mistake in your letter in your 3rd paragraph, "Additionally, my polytechnic internship experience fueled my enthusiasm for engineering even more."

    I believe that additionally has the same meaning as even more, so you can remove even more in your sentence.
    "Additionally, my polytechnic internship experience fueled my enthusiasm for engineering." will do.

    Other than that, I enjoyed reading your letter. Look forward to see your other work in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Valencia,
      Thank you so much Valencia for pointing out my mistake, I have rectified it, have a pleasant week ahead!!

      Warmest regards,

      Jia Xin

      Delete
  4. Dear Jia Xin,

    Thanks very much for this clear, concise and informative letter. You make a fine effort in covering the scope of the assignment as you detail your educational background, the genesis for your interest in engineering, comm skill levels and even your personalty traits, one of which I can attest to in three weeks: You certainly seem to have a "a warm, hospitable personality," as stated. At the same time, in your prose you're able to connect your prior experience with your comm skills needs. My only queation after reading this letter is regarding what you saw on those visits to construction sites that was so appealing.

    Your language use in this lettter is fluent, but there are a few areas to take note of:

    1. overuse of caps
    -- I am currently a freshman pursuing an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering. I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a Diploma, specializing in Mechanical Engineering. > ?

    -- ...my interest in Engineering. > ?

    2. sentence structure
    -- Being an engineer, having effective communication skills is an indispensable tool to ensure a smooth workflow process. > (Who is 'being an engineer'?) ?

    -- I stutter, forget my lines when I speak in front of the class. > (need for conjunction) I stutter AND forget my lines when I speak in front of the class.

    -- Another goal would be to become proficient in English writing, to learn the proper sentence structure, grammar and to acquire an abundance of vocabulary. > (need for conjunction) ?

    These indicators should by no means eclipse the fine job you've done in this letter. I look forward to reading more from you this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paraphrase of Task #3

Summary Reader Response Draft #4