Critical Reflection

 Module learning 

I established a few goals for myself at the start of the effective communication module, such as enhancing my social skills in speaking and becoming more confident while addressing an individual, group, or audience. I also strive to aid my team members when assistance is required and be able to produce quality work. This module has enabled me to enhance my speaking ability and critical thinking skills.

I had achieved the specific goals that I have established. Utilizing the framework such as Paul elder or 7Cs, had served as a guideline to aid me in organizing my train of thoughts clearly before I speak. In which I can deliver a concise and meaningful message with confidence to get my message across to the receiver. 

With the teachings of critical thinking models and the passing of the weeks, I came to realize that to improve oneself, one should acknowledge the importance of communication, that one should be humble in reflecting on oneself and other’s perspectives without bias, yet courageous to voice our own opinions with reason. I believe another essential way to improve oneself would be to commit to the process. To maintain a positive and open mindset, and continuously remind ourselves that there is always room for improvement, evaluate one’s own work, and receive constructive feedback to determine ways to improve quality and efficiency



Project learning

The technical report assignment gave me experience in how to operate as a team, conduct research, assess, and communicate. Prior to the selection process, we had not had the opportunity to communicate with the other members,  hence it was a great opportunity to meet new people and establish friends. We were able to recognize each other's strengths and limitations through working as a team, with the aim of improving ourselves.

This module enables students to participate in a group research project that includes preparing a technical report and presenting a pitch to relevant stakeholders. It was a rewarding experience because we had to explore challenges that needed to be addressed and come up with innovative solutions.

Working on the group project taught me a lot, not only about writing but also about contributing to team discussions, which was extremely useful for integrating the vacuum into the Cleansebot. Whereby all the group members had their own point of view, it might be difficult to work with people who come from diverse backgrounds and have different personalities. However, we managed to compromise through understanding another’s perspective and finally implementing the component that all of us were satisfied with.

It is natural, I learned, for another person's perspective to differ from the correct solution. Finally, we were able to learn from each other's perspectives and approach the challenge from a fresh perspective.

This aids in the development of my communication abilities, as I must explain my ideas and opinions in a way that my teammates can comprehend. With this discussion session, I have gained a better understanding of my research topic, which motivates me to concentrate on this task as I know what is going on.

Furthermore, my appreciation extends to thank Professor Brad and my classmates for the encouragement and constructive feedback they gave, for the informational knowledge shared will be essential for my future studies and career.


Comments

  1. Thanks very much for this detailed critical reflection, Jia Xin.

    I appreciate how you’ve addressed both facets of the assignment – module learning and the project -- and that you considered various aspects of the work you did and multiple takeaways.
    You’ve also written with fairly good fluency.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Formal introduction letter.

Paraphrase of Task #3

Summary Reader Response Draft #4